Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Hidden Campsite



One afternoon sometime in late 2017 I came upon a blog post By DS about A Rumoured Campsite. Given my curious nature Immediately I was intrigued, especially after he would not reveal the coordinates to its location, but instead to throw out just a few clues. Well challenge accepted!! Right then and there I made it my mission to find this place and eventually I did just that. Joined by my friend Tony Marchese in January of 2018 we set forth on our adventure.This site was possibly once used by Chumash Indians. Note: I am no expert in this Field so if I wrong about who created these petroglyph's feel free to correct me. In keeping with tradition I too will not divulge its location, however I will give you the same exact Hints from David’s Blog that we’re given to me And if you’re feeling adventurous and up for a challenge by all means see if you can find the place. If you do please do your part to keep it preserved.


“This site is quite hidden from the average observer and is very much naturally sheltered. Follow an ancient river bed and you will find It sitting under a massive rock overhang from which drips 2 springs. Oak trees cut the wind And a large area of the campsite gets sunlight in the winter. Close by is a small pool that was used as a cistern to hold water in the dry months. Petroglyph images are carved in the rocks above the site and there are a few small caves close by. The Site lies under the Summit of Pine mountain and is less than 1 mile as the crow flies from Highway 33."




What was really unexpected is this place is VERY close to a well used trail. I'm sure hundreds of people have passed right by it without a clue to its existence. A Lesson can be learned here that there are still treasures to be found if your willing to get off the beaten path. Never assume you know everything about a particular area until you have thoroughly investigated it for yourself. 

4 comments:

Reece M said...

Adding this to the to-do list!

Lost In The Los Padres said...

It's a good one Reece

skibum1969 said...

My turn, I Will attempt to locate this weekend.

Lost In The Los Padres said...

Nice let me know if you find it